The company is a fast growing provider of cloud based collaboration, email and mobility solutions worldwide. Recognized as a leader in the SaaS collaboration and mobility market the company is head quartered in the US and has an extensive network of customers and partners around the world.
The company is currently in the process of starting an off shore software development office. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about software development and interested in working on cutting edge software products and technologies. In particular we are looking for a Director of Software Development who can help us launch this offshore development office and help the company grow its market share worldwide. The position is a senior leadership position responsible for hiring, staffing, planning, developing, monitoring, executing, and coordinating all software development activities with minimal assistance. The candidate will manage a team of 5-15 engineers and quality control personnel responsible for architecture, design, development, testing and documentation of Java/JEE/Web 2.0 software.
The candidate must be detail oriented, have strong project management and communication skills, have a deep understanding of software development, and have strong organizational skills. This is a very demanding position, and requires excellent multi-tasking,
communication and leadership skills and it requires the ability to work well in a very fast-paced environment. The Director of Software Development is responsible for the principal leadership of the team in terms of work assignment, timely completion of work, and utilization of
• Provide leadership to ensure application of the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
• Ensure software standards are met.
• Establish accurate integrated cost/schedule/technical baselines for SW development efforts.
• Develop and maintain detailed staffing/tasking plans and report the project statuses to senior management.
• Work closely with the CTO to set development schedules, timelines, and project plans.
• Report on key deliverables and ensure the development team is meeting its deadlines.
• Alert management to any potential problems or pitfalls that may derail the projects
• Be responsible for hiring, training and motivating the staff
• Facilitate effective communication between the project teams as well as with the executive team
• Implement development standards manage the full life cycle development of all ongoing projects
• Ensure proper testing and documentation for each project Requirements:
The candidate must also be a quick learner and have:
• Experience as a team lead or similar management position.
• Must be a team player with a track record of hiring, mentoring and developing talent
• Strong problem-solving/analytical skills
• A strong foundation in object-oriented design and development
• Strong Java and ORM experience
• Excellent/proven leadership skills, as well as organizational and
oral/written communication skills.
• Experience with large scale software development programs. Java/JEE, SOA, Web Services experience.
• Some Web service/SOA experience
• Experience with web applications
• Experience utilizing and integrating libraries and components
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or appropriate combination of education and significant experience
• Related graduate degree preferred (Master's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering)
The candidates experience should include:
• 5-7 years software development; 2 years Management experience with software development professionals
• Experience developing and delivering high quality software products
• Experience implementing software engineering best practices
• Expertise in hosted application design and development
• Expertise with modern software technologies
• Experience developing scalable, high-availability applications
• Experience with Agile development methodologies (or similar development methodologies)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience managing the full product life-cycle including testing, documentation, and deployment
• Experience managing a diverse group of people including developers and quality control personnel
• Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to quality
• Demonstrated problem solving skills, including the ability to solve complex problems in the face of time pressure and information/resource constraints
Interested candidates should send your resume (and cover letter) to: